Thursday, February 23, 2012
America was founded on principles found in the Bible, by men and women who believed that God's way is the best way. Limited government would keep men free. If men and women would control themselves, less governmental control would be necessary. But gradually, voters have chosen presidents and representatives who promise them the world, while making government bigger. In the process, we are losing our personal responsibility, sacrificing freedom for government telling us what light bulbs to use, what garbage bags to use, what toilet paper to use. Government eats up so much of our hard earned money that we are in debt for generations to come, with little chance that the bill will ever be paid.
We have done exactly what Israel did. We envied the socialism of other nations. We wanted our own king. We will reap what we have sown. If there was ever a time to return to God, it is now. Many nations would love to see our demise, and would plunder the spoils. Why do voters continue to vote for those who promise government help at the expense for freedom? It was wrong for Israel, and someday very soon, our freedoms will forever be lost.
Sunday, February 19, 2012
To begin with let me preface this by saying that I have nothing against homosexuals. They are no worse sinners than the people who fill the pews every Sunday. But I do have a problem with allowing homosexuals access to the term "marriage".
Saturday, February 18, 2012
Of late, much has been made about the current administration’s attack on First Amendment Rights. Attacks have been made on religious liberties (see healthcare mandate on contraception in religious affiliated institutions)
and freedom of the press (see White House and Media Matters coordinate attacks on FOX News)
While it may be correct to fight unconstitutional actions by this administration through continued pursuit of these specific issues, it might be wiser to focus on the bigger picture.
- He has violated the individual liberties of all our people by imposing forced participation in a government healthcare regulatory system without our consent.
- He has collaborated with his Attorney General to ignore equal protection under the law in favor of selective protections based upon arbitrary factors.
- He has violated American bankruptcy laws by willfully denying secured bond holders first payment, in favor of unsecured political supporters.
- He has violated the Constitution by accepting the position of Chairmanship of the UN Security Council.
- He has ignored the Constitutional separation of power by appointing “czars” to oversee matters that are intended to be handled by the legislative branch of the government.
- He has violated the First Amendment right to freedom of the press, by attacking television and radio networks, stations and broadcasters while attempting censorship.
- He has violated the individual’s right to free speech through creation of an email address to report Citizens in a blatant attempts to silence dissent through intimidation.
- He has violated the Law by ignoring the War Powers Act and engaging the United States military in overseas hostilities without the consent of Congress.
- He has violated the First Amendment by attempting to impose restrictions on free speech through implementation of Net Neutrality by the FCC.
- He has endeavored to interfere in the free market through the imposition of The Clean Energy and Security Act, which mandates carbon emissions be reduced to 17 percent below 2005 levels by 2020, 42 percent by 2030, and 84 percent by 2050. By 2020, this tax will extract an estimated $160 billion from the economy, or an average $1,870 per family.
- He has violated the Constitution by having the government offer $4,500 rebates to people for turning in older motor vehicles for newer vehicles
- He has interfered in America’s free market by having the National Labor Relations Board sue a privately owned company for planning to open for business in a State that protects an employee’s ability to work free of forced union membership.
- He has interfered in the free market by imposing restrictions and regulations on petroleum, natural gas and coal production in the United States.
- He has abandoned enforcing the security of American borders and protected illegal immigrants from prosecution for violation of immigration laws:
- He has abandoned and insulted our most enduring and faithful allies through speech and action, the most glaring among these being placing the State of Israel on the list of nations that foster terrorism.
- He has sought to impose additional taxes on us without our Consent.
- For depriving us in some cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:
- For transferring billions of dollars to enemies of the United States through Foreign Aid.
- For ignoring the Constitutional separation of powers by publicly attacking the Supreme Court of the United States.
- For attacking America’s bedrock family values by ordering the Department of Justice to not defend the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act.
- For repeated attacks upon America’s Christian foundation.
- For repeatedly slandering American Citizens with false accusations of racism, violent tendencies and hatred.
- For grossly accelerating and increasing the amount of America’s debt through passage of the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act, which had negligible effect on unemployment, sent billions of dollars overseas and wasted billions domestically bailing out States practicing irresponsible budgetary policies.
- For putting America and America’s allies at greater risk through cancellation of missile defense systems.
- For expanding the need for enormous increases in government borrowing,
- For collaborating with his Attorney General to try enemy combatants in civilian Courts.
- For collaborating with his Attorney General and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms in the implementation of operation Fast and Furious, which has been implicated in the murder of American Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.
- For devaluing our currency by engaging in the practice of Quantitative Easing, allowing the Federal Reserve to purchase trillions of dollars of our national debt.
The list could continue, but you get the idea.
A President whose character is thus marked by acts which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to govern a free people.
Friday, February 17, 2012
Seinfeld did a non-episode titled the "soup nazi" in which a temperamental chef decides who gets to eat his soup or not. Well reality is stranger than fiction. This week a 4-year-old was attacked by the FDA's food nazi at her pre-school.
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
A New York Time article has come out with the assumption that critics of the safety net feel guilty about using government assistance but are helpless to live without it. "Many people say they are angry because the government is wasting money and giving money to people who do not deserve it. But more than that, they say they want to reduce the role of government in their own lives. They are frustrated that they need help, feel guilty for taking it and resent the government for providing it. They say they want less help for themselves; less help in caring for relatives; less assistance when they reach old age." NY times, Even Critics of Safety Net Increasingly Depend on it, 02/11/2012.
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Okay, I am ready to rage against the machine.
- How the H*ll is this compassionate? Tell that to your kids when the bill comes due, "We had to make you sacrifice your future so we could lay around doing nothing and create more children to pay for our laziness." INSANITY!!
- The government is now wondering if enough tax revenues can be dragged out of the taxpayers to pay for just the interest on our debt, much less paying it off. INSANITY!!
- Our President is proposing even more spending we cannot afford. INSANITY!!
- Congress has not passed a budget for over 3 years so they have no limits on what they can spend. INSANITY!!
- The Congress has raised the debt ceiling twice since they promised they would only need a small increase to get them through to some future date. They have blown through the increases in mere months not years as promised. INSANITY!!
- We have become embroiled in additional wars in the middle east, even though we don't have money to fund these wars. Where is the anti-war crowd calling for an end to unfunded conflicts? INSANITY!!
- Now our king wants to make birth control available to all women free of charge and demands that the church pay for it when it flies in the face of their deeply held beliefs. This is a power grab of unparalleled proportions. INSANITY!!
Friday, February 10, 2012
Breitbart.tv » Study: Distrust Of Government A Mental Disorder
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Thursday, February 2, 2012
Why do liberals drive a Prius or a Volt? It is not because it is a cool looking car, it is not because it has great handling or has great pick-up or speed. No, a liberal buys a Prius because it gets good gas mileage; it is economical, it is green, they are doing it to "save the planet". Well guess what, the planet doesn't need saving, it is perfectly healthy, the planet doesn't need your help to remain healthy, your efforts are meaningless. (If you believe in Global Climate Change do some research of your own and learn some real science). You do it just to feel good about yourself, you do it so you can say to the conservative "I care".