Thursday, October 6, 2011

This is what Democracy looks like

Our Founding Fathers did a lot of careful and deep contemplation when drawing up our Constitution, and determined that the best form our government should take was a Representative Republic. The protesters keep insisting that we have a Democracy. Democracy in its purest forms is simply rule by a simple majority, so 51% of the population get to make the rules for the other 49%. This is what Democracy looks like. Lets see how this plays out.

We the 51% decide that all gays and lesbians get no rights at all, they only represent 10% of the population. We the 51% say no rights, period that's it. This is what Democracy looks like.

We the 51% of the population decide that labor unions will all be dissolved, they have no more voice, no more power no more money. Labor unions are only 7% of the population. We the 51% have the majority, no more labor unions, that's it period. This is what Democracy looks like.

We the 51% decide that women are too emotional to make political decisions, so they shouldn't be able to vote. The new law takes effect immediately. We the 51% have spoken, that's it period. This is what Democracy looks like.

We the 51% decide that only white male land-owners get to vote; no blacks, no Hispanics, no women, no minorities. We are the majority, 51% that's it period. This is what Democracy looks like.

We the 51% decide the only Christians and Jews can be citizens, no Muslim, no atheist, no Hindu, no Buddhist, no Wiccan. We are the majority 51%, that's it no reprieve, period. This is what Democracy looks like.

We the 51% decide that special interest groups do not get any special rights, no gay marriage, no equal opportunity, no affirmative action, no diversity. That's it period, we the 51% have spoken. This is what Democracy looks like.

Democracy is a very problematic society. For that reason the Founding Fathers didn't give us a Democracy. So many people who are protesting right now would simply lose their privilege to protest. Do you really want to know what Democracy looks like?

Open season on unarmed citizens

What is so horrible about guns that has the liberals all up in arms over concealed carry? I just don't get it.
I stand before you unarmed, am I a danger? NO
Okay I strap on a gun and stand before you armed, am I a danger? NO
If I was not a dangerous person before I strapped on my gun, why would the gun make me a dangerous person? This is where the liberals get lost. The gun is not going to jump out of my holster and shoot you itself. Nor will it grab my hand and put my finger on its trigger. The liberals just simply cannot conceive of a law-abiding citizen carrying a weapon for personal protection. The guns are not the problem, the problem are the criminals, and simply carrying a gun doesn't make a person a criminal.
As much as they hate the second amendment, it is the only thing standing between their bleeding hearts and bleeding to death. Cities all over the state are quickly pushing through laws to restrict where law-abiding citizens can carry weapons. WHY? This is ludicrous. Why don't they just put up a sign saying "open season on unarmed citizens here"? The only people these signs are going to stop are the law-abiding type, the ones who could stop a criminal from going postal in one of these off-limit places.
I feel less safe going into any of the posted business or government facilities than any where else on the face of the planet, except maybe in an aircraft, because there will be no one to stop a potential threat. So liberals think long and hard, the Gabrielle Giffords incident was an act of a deranged kook with a gun, wouldn't you have been more comfortable if the whole crowd could have fought back and stopped the criminal? Or are you ready for more Gabrielle Gifford moments?
I for one will be avoiding any business or government facility where I cannot protect myself from the deranged kooks. And secondly, I will be working to get the signs removed from these places so law-abiding citizens can exercise their Constitutional rights.
And remember, the guns are not the problem, the problem are criminals and an unarmed population. The criminals, not the guns, are slavering over who to choose as their next victim.